To make a long story short, there is not ONE French cuisine. We would be better off speaking about French gastronomy, which includes all of the French cuisines. Each one comes from a different region, with both it's differences as well as common characteristics. If you ask a chef what French gastronomy is, he will often answer: "The art of making a complex meal with simple ingredients" Indeed, few French recipes include a lot of ingredients and even fewer have unknown or atypical ones. French chefs want to make a dish that fills the stomach and excites the taste buds. In brief, meals that you enjoy with pleasure while also satisfying the appetite. Let's speak about French cuisines with examples per region (North to South): In the North, the Carbonnade is the king of meals. A stew of local veggies, with a nice piece of beef and cooked in beer. In Britain (West), Crepes of course! Sweet or salty, using a wheat or..
Tag: eat like a french person
- AMERICAN AND FRENCH SCHOOL SYSTEMS COMPARED: A SEARCH FOR THE IDEAL EDUCATION January 14, 2022
- Learn French from Native Speakers February 19, 2021
- Tips for French Language Test Prep February 2, 2021
- How to Speak French Like a French Person December 30, 2020
- What is French Cuisine? December 16, 2020